For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

United We Stand




I got the Stand & Salute cartridge a couple of weeks ago as well as the Independence Day Solutions Cartridge. I also got a Stampendous clear stamp that says 'Celebrate Freedom'. I decided I would make some 4th of July cards this year for the people I know that July 4th has special meaning for or just enjoy celebrating it every year. So, for the next six days, I am going to post a new July 4th themed card. I hope you enjoy them!

This first card I made for my uncle who is a veteran. As I get older, I realize how important it is to thank those who serve and those who have served. I know it means so much to him so, I hope he likes the card.

I used all solid paper making this one. I cut the 'United We Stand' phrase using the FRAME feature on Stand & Salute. I cut it at 4 1/2" and it fit perfectly for my 4 1/2 x 6 3/8 card. I then cut the flag banner at 3 3/4" using the Independence Day cartridge, cutting all three layers. Last was the 'Saluting Man' from the Stand & Salute cart. I cut two of them at 3", blackout & shadow only, I wanted to keep it plain. On the inside, I cut 1/2" strips of red, white, & blue paper and added them to the bottom & I used my 'Celebrate Freedom' stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment