Tuesday, May 24, 2011
The framing paper, with the polka dots, is from the DCWV Linen Closet Stack. The ribbon from Hobby Lobby and the sentiment is from American Crafts Dear Lizzy.
And, on the inside, I added a couple strips of paper along with the little tiny sun that I had originally cut and a sentiment from the Paper Studio.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
A simple Mother's Day card today, using some scraps. I border punched alternating aqua and cream colored pearl paper from the solid DCWV Linen Closet coordinating stack. The punch is the scallop punch from EK Success. I added a thin strip of black ribbon down the center and mounted a rectangle with the stamped word, Mother, on the front. The stamp is from Joann's dollar bin. Oh, and a little tip here....because I stamped it on pearl paper, I find that the ink wants to smudge so, I covered the entire rectangle in a piece of clear packing tape and then trimmed the edges. You can't even tell it's there and I didn't lose any of the 'pearl' of the paper.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Well, this card is sure full of glitz and glitter!! That's the My Pink Stamper challenge I am working on here...glitz, glam, and glitter! Well, my little sister (The Crazy Cricut Lady) just turned 24 this weekend but, she was out of town so, I was able to work on her card a little late. I think it will be worth the wait though. :).
The mat paper on this card is from the DCWV Lemon Flower stack (that I LOVE). The base of the card is 4x6 and I left the mat 3 1/2" x6 so there isn't a border at the top or bottom. The elephant is cut from Twinkle Toes at 3", ran it through the cuttlebug using the Seeing Spots folder and then added some yellow stickles to her skirt and crown. The tag is also from the same cartridge. I cut the black bottom layet at 2" and the top at 1 3/4" so that there would be a border around the yellow paper.
The ribbon is from Michael's and the stamp from Studio G. I added a Hampton Arts stamp inside as well as the negative cuts from the yellow layer of the tag.
I'm on a roll now with my posts. I haven't done much lately because of our house building project but, I was sooo looking forward to the National Scrapbook Day challenges that My Pink Stamper does every year. This entry is for the final challenge of making a kid themed project.
I cut this Robot from the Robotz cartridge at 4 1/2", using the retro bot function. I glittered his joints with silver Stickles and then stamped a sentiment on his stomach. Both stamped sentiments are from a dollar bin set (I think from Michael's). The mat paper is scrap from The Paper Studio 'A Boy's Universe' stack and the ribbon is from a U'nique set (I think from Pat Catan's).
Inside, I punched the rockets using a Martha Stewart punch and a piece of robot ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
I think the reason I love the My Pink Stamper National Scrapbook Day challenge is because they are fun and last year I was able to make some cards ahead of time, to use later in the summer. That's how this one turned out. Once I got started, I thought, this will be prefect for my little mermaid for her July BD. So, I cut the girl and mermaid outfit from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge at 3", it includes the little seahorse as well. I glittered her tail with aqua stickles. The mat paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air stack.
The next My Pink Stamper challenge is a 'project' that includes a pet. The sentiment on this card is from a Scrappy Moms set that my husband got me for Christmas and it inspired me to make a birthday card for my coworker, who loves dogs.
I cut the poodle from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge at 4". After I cut it, I decided not to use any of the layers. Once I cut it, I could pictured one of the poodles you see that have been shaved to down with poofs of fur at the bottoms of the feet and the chest. Sooooo, I 'taped' off all of the parts that I didn't want flocked and then ran the poodle through the xyron. Before I added the flock, I removed the taped parts (because now they are sticky on the front and I don't want to waste any flock sticking to them).
I didn't like the way that the head of the poodle is...it kind of looks like two noses. So, I cut the one side off and trimmed it up and then glued it back on to look like the poodles ear. I used a black sharpie to color the nose and then used Glossy Accents to make the nose shiney. I added a black gem for the eye and three pearl gems for a collar and then a little white gel pen at the tips of the feet to look like a french manicure. :)
The tag was also cut from the Once Upon a Pricness, poodle cut, using the tag function. I punched two slits on each side of the tag and then ran black solid ribbon through it. The mat paper is from the DCWV Luxury stack and the corner punch from Fiskar's.
On the inside, I used a gray vellum and a strip of the mat paper, with a piece of the ribbon covering the seam. The sentiment is a dollar sentiment that I didn't ink the flowers on and it was stamped onto a second tag that I cut.
I have been crafting for days and now I've got to upload everything for the My Pink Stamper challenges for National Scrapbook day. This one is for the Mother challenge. I've been itching to use the new Bo Bunny Gabrielle stack that I got at our local Flower Factory (LOVE that they are carrying Bo Bunny). This particular sheet us just sooo pretty by itself. I am going to give this one to my MIL when we see her for Mother's Day. I also used irredescant pearl paper with a Studio G stamp sentiment and MS craft border punch for the lattice edges.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
HAPPY EASTER (A little late on this but, I just noticed I didn't post it)!! This isn't a Cricut project but it is a project. I bought these plastic bunnies for my son's teacher, teacher's aid, student teacher, principal and bus driver. I filled them with pastel wrapped Easter candy and then tied a blue and pink polka dot ribbon around their necks. I made tags for each one with stamped Easter sentiments.