For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Monday, May 9, 2011

One in a Melon

Today's card I made with my bff in mind and the My Pink Stamper National Scrapbook Day Challenge for a 'project' that includes the colors Pink, Green, and Black .  I started with the watermelon paper that I got over the summer from American Crafts.  I decided to cut the watermelon2 cut from the Preserves cartridge at 4".   I used paper from the new Lemon Flower DCWV stack, for the green; solid yellow for the next layer; and then core'dinations pink for the top.   Instead of cutting the black layer for the seeds, I just traced the seed holes from the pink layer, onto the yellow layer and then used a black sharpie to add the seeds through the pink layer.   Then, I took the pink seeds that cut out, colored them, front and back, with the black sharpie and added Glossy Accents.   I also added glossy accents to the entire pink layer.   I cut a black shadow my hand and inked the edges.  



Once the Glossy Accents had dried, I pop dotted the seeds onto the area of the melon where they should be and then pop dotted the entire watermelon onto the card.   The ribbon is from Martha Stewart Crafts and the sentiment is from My Pink Stamper.  On the inside, I added a piece of watermelon ribbon from Michael's and a hand cut seed.  Looks pretty juicy I think!! 

1 comment: