I knew I had to have the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge when it came out. I'm not a flowery kind of gal but, the layering is really cool. I finally busted it out for what? Well, Mother's Day of course, and the My Pink Stamper 3D challenge over on her blog. I won't see my mom until next weekend so this works out perfectly. My mom loves yellow flowers and I LOVE the new Lemon Flower stack from DCWV so, off I went.
All of the flower layers were cut with paper from this stack and here is how it went:
Bottom Layer was flower 30 cut at 3 1/4" and the tips were glittered with yellow stickles
Second Layer was flower 30 cut at 2 3/4" and the tips were glittered with yellow Studio G stickles
Third Layer was flower 29 cut at 2 1/4" and I added some glitter 'petals' with silver stickles
Top Layer was flower cut at 1 3/4" and the tips were just shaded with a yellow stamp
Assembly was a little different. I pop dotted between every later but, only in the center of the flowers, not out toward the petals and I added a large brad from My Mind's Eye, in the center. Once I did that, I decided to add some dots of platinum stickles to the third layer, right through the cuts of the top layer. The stem is the Branch 2 top layer from Cindy Loo, cut at 4 1/2" and then a small piece of scrap, from the flower cut, used in the one 'bud'.
My mom is also a huge fan of hummingbirds so, I decided to cut the hummingbird 2 from the Pagoda cartridge at 3". I cut it in a solid green and then a second time using a shimmer green velum type paper. I cut the feather layer using green glitter scrap. While trying to apply ATG tape to the back, I ripped the bird's bottom feather's, almost completely off. UGH. I quickly recovered with using the last tiny piece of the green glitter and cutting a hand made layer for the bottom, which I think turned out very nicely. Then, I added a green feather to the back, to appear like the bird is fluttering as it approaches the flower and last, a black gem for an eye and it's pop dotted on with the wing sticking up a little higher than the body.
The base of the card is gray with a yellow layer and then another fantastic piece of that Lemon Flower stack. I added a yellow ribbon from Michaels and then mounted the cartouche, with the layer, from the Sweethearts cartridge at 4 1/2" in the center.
On the inside, I used some larger, left over pieces from the front and cut another cartouche, at 1 1/2", with the top layer and then stamped a sentiment from Studio G and three more black gems. I really do love how this card turned out!