For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Glitz Glam and Glitter

Well, this card is sure full of glitz and glitter!!   That's the My Pink Stamper challenge I am working on here...glitz, glam, and glitter!   Well, my little sister (The Crazy Cricut Lady) just turned 24 this weekend but, she was out of town so, I was able to work on her card a little late.  I think it will be worth the wait though.  :).
So, I started with the body of the peacock on Give a Hoot, cut at 3 1/2" in blue DCWV glitter paper.   I inked the edges of his bady and added some different size aqua colored rhinestones and then a black one for his eye.   I cut the legs by hand and then added feathers to the back of him (which is not the easiest thing to do).  The frame around him was cut from Lacy Labels at 3" on gold pearl paper and then embossed using the Cuttlebug peacock folder. 
Now, the base of this easel card is a dark aqua Core'dinations paper and then a light green and a dark green mounted on top (to make this an easel card).   The printed sheet is from the new DCWV Royal Garden stock (the smaller stack is great for cards because the images are scaled down).  Ribbon is from Michael's.  

Now, the sentiment was printed by me and then mounted with pop dots onto some of the scraps.  The bottom one is a pearly gold paper that I used for the frame behind the peacock.   I used a Fiskar's corner punch to do the edges, which met perfectly.   Then, I added some green and yellow feathers across the back and two hat pins ($1.49 for a pack of 12 at Joann's).
The inside base to keep the easel up, uses the same papers but, a different sheet of the DCWV Royal Garden that has borders on it and I just cut this particular one out.   She loves peacocks so, I really hope this is a hit for her!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Job on this card!!! I absolutely love it. I have it on my shelf so everyone that comes in can see it!! Love the feathers and gems!!! It's much cooler than the Give a Hoot peacock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is amazing! Those feathers are so cool on the peacock and the gems just set it off! I can't believe how awesome this card is! I am going to need to scraplift this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete