For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kitty Love with a Wobble!

I think this cutie kitty card is going to be for my daugther.  The cat was cut using Create a Critter at 3".  I decided to use fun flock and make her furry.   If you're new to fun flock, there are a couple of tips:

1.  run the item through your Xyron upside down to get an even sticky surface.
2.  Once you're run it through, if you have the larger Xyrons, like I do, you should take your glue remover (this is an uneven surface rubber eraser like item) and remove glue in places you don't want it.   For example, I rubbed it over the cuts for the whiskers, over her eyes, mouth and ears to get rid of excess glue that I don't want to fight with once I add flock.
3. Pour the flock onto your item, over top of a piece of paper so that you can pour the excess flock back into the container.  Once you have the entire item generously covered with flock, use your finger to press the flock into the surface of the item.  Then rub off excess.

  I decided not to use the Cricut nose for her and instead used a heart brad.   Then, I used cotton candy stickles on the inside of her ears and black diamond stickles on her whiskers.   I also used stickles on her bow and added a big 'diamond'gem. 

So, I made the kitty wobble as well which was a first for me.   I have seen the action wobbles but, I decided to try to make them myself so, I bought some 26 gauge copper jewelry wire for less than $3 and cut about a 2" piece.   I wrapped it around my finger and then taped it to the card and the other side to the kitty.   It worked perfectly.   NOTE:   My first instinct was to make a larger wobble but, it doesn't work well, it only allows your item to wobble all over the place versus wobbling in the spot you want.   Next time I do one, I will take a picture of the wobble inside as well, sorry I didn't think of that until now!

So, when I went to cut the pillow, accessory, I assumed I should cut at 3".  It was huge.   So, I re-cut it at 1 1/4".   I ran it through the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots and then added the 'fringe' ribbon on the bottom.  The stamp sentiment is from a G Studio mini set that I picked up for $.49 on clearance.   I stamped it on the pink scallop that I cut using the Preserves cartridge, the Apple4, lid cut at 1 1/2".

The mat aqua paper has xo's on it and is from the DCWV Madly in Love stack.  Then, I cut the scallop cut, also using Preserves.   The cut was the card cut on the Plum2.   I had to cut it using DS though because I needed the cut to be 5 1/4 x 4" and I used the DCWV Christmas Glitter stack for it, in white.

The inside, I cut the mat on white cardstock by going into the DS frame about and just hiding the inside cut of the frame.  I inked the edges in pink and then stamped the sentiment and the little paw prints in the same pink.  Have a great day everyone!

Angie

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the fun flocked kitten and it's little heart nose!! I also love how you stamped the inside!!! It's too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute.I just bought some flock today... I hope it comes out good when I use it. lol
    Thanks for sharing your super cute card.
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo CUTE!!! LOVE that kitty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so cute!! Love the flocking on the kitty, very detailed. Just beautiful, TFS!

    Diana
    http://www.daisylovecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie!! Thanks for coming to my blog and becoming a follower....now I am YOUR newest follower too! Love the kitty card. It is so adorable. I really want to try using the flock but havent done that yet.

    Tracy at www.scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! I’ve got an award for you! Visit my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very cute! Thanks for sharing with us at the Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is so adorable, dont ya just love the create a critter cart :) thanks for the tip on the fun flock :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little cat is soo cute! Such sweet colors too. Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am your new follower. Your blog is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete