For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Explosive Niece



Explosion Box #7 today. My niece just turned 18 so, I wanted something fun but, more grown up as well. With these boxes, you have to use smaller embellishments and cuts. The largest 'mat' is only 4x4. As a note, I bought lots of the smaller packaged cling stamps (mostly Studio G) for this project. Most of my regular sized stamps are too big to use with the pictures. I will also add that my little sis and I went out shopping this week and got many more of these small stamp sets for $.40 each at Joann's in the Christmas stuff!

The only Cricut cut on this box is the polar bear from Joys of the Season, cut at 1". I put a little piece of tape over his nose and then ran him through the Xyron machine and then used some white fun flock to make him furry. I removed the tape and used a black marker on his nose and eye and then added some Glossy Accents to his nose so that it looks wet. I really like the fun flock and the way that the edges of the polar bear look furry as well. Make sure that you do rub the fun flock into the adhesive with your finger though.

I also used many different embossing folders and punches. One of my favorites was the 'weave' border punch from Fiskars. I used it on each side of this picture and weaved the ribbon through.

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice!!! I am working on one right now,Cant wait till its finished
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little polar bear!!! Very creative!!!!

    -Ash:)

    ReplyDelete