For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Elegant & Untraditional & BLOG CANDY

I'm still posting some Christmas work since I hadn't gotten to it during December so, sorry if you're already out of the spirit.  :)  I made a Christmas card that was not the traditional Christmas look.   Love how this turned out. 
I started with a solid brown card base and then a gold vellum mat and a brown flourish print that was flocked.   The print is from the DCWV Mainstreet stack.  I started with some unfolded cream raffia and then used a plain brown ribbon on top, that I hand pleated.  At the bottom of the ribbon, I added a gold glittered American Crafts brad.  

The fancy gold 'sprig' was cut from a plastic decorative pick and I sewed it to the card mat so that it was sure to stay put.  The mounted sentiment was cut from the Twinkle Toes cartridge.   This cartridge is great for frames!!  I cut the Stagefrgt cut at 2 1/4" with the layer.  The stamped sentiment is from Scrappy Cat.   I stamped it in brown onto vellum.
On the inside, I used a sentiment from American Crafts Dear Lizzy line and then added two leaves cut from the front sprig and another small piece of brown ribbon.
DON'T FORGET to check my January 1 blog post HERE for the BLOG CANDY that I still have listed!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, great ribbon!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete