For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lovely Lighthouse


I just love today's card.   I am really drawn to all things nautical and this one is no different.   I started with the flocked damask paper from My Mind's Eye Lush collection.  The card is a 5x7 so I cut the frame from the Stand and Salute cartridge at 7" (perfect fit) using some lightly glittered red paper.   I punched a hole in the top of the anchor and ran yarn through it and up both side of the frame. 
The lighthouse is cut at 6 1/2" from Wall Decor and More, using pearl paper and navy for the blackout.   I didn't like the way the window openings looked with the damask paper so I added some strips of yellow paper to the back of the lighthouse.  
I pop dotted the frame and the lighthouse to shadow off the damask and added a Fiskar's sentiment.

On the inside, I added a Happy Birthday sentiment and some of the negative cuts from the lighthouse.  

1 comment:

  1. Ohh LaLa, I like this one ALOT! I also think nautical colors are so pretty together. Great card!

    ReplyDelete