For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Foodbank Girl Scout Swap


If you aren't familiar with Girl Scouts, they make these little pins called SWAPS that they trade at different events that they have.   The pins are supposed to represent activities or trips that they did.  
In March, our troop went to the area Food Bank so, the SWAPS I made were these mini grocery bags with some dried items.  
I made the bags by using a 3 1/4" x 1 1/4" strip of craft paper.   I scored it long ways at 1", 1 1/2", 2 1/2", and 3".   I also scored it long ways at 1", leaving the 1/4" at the bottom to be folded in.   I cut the top of the bag, on the long side with pinking shears and then folded all the scores.   I glued the bottom flaps in to make the bottom of the bag and then the 1/3" extra tab of the short side, glued to make the bag itself.   I hot glued a noodle, a kidney bean, and an orange and banana runt in the bag and a pin on the back of the bag.  

No comments:

Post a Comment