For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to School




Today's card is a back to school theme that I did using A Child's First Year cartridge. The card base was left over from my Robotz card and is from the Paper Studio's A Boy's Universe. The mat paper is from DCWV's Grade School stack. I decided to use the crayon shape, located on the Apple key, using the Icon shift feature, to make a border so, I cut alternating colors of red, green, blue & yellow each at 3/4". Some I had to overlap but, I like the border that it created. I cut the scissor at 1 1/2" using the crafts key, icon feature and silver mirror paper. The ABC & 123 were cut using the font function of the cartridge, each at 1". The 2+2=4 was cut from a different sheet of paper from the same stack, they mounted it and used some pop dots on it. On the inside, I mounted an orange sheet and added a scrap piece of the mat paper from the front and another blue crayon as well as a 'Reach for the Stars' sentiment that came from a Hampton Art graduation set. I also added a scribble from a blue crayon at the bottom to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment