For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pagoda Lamp Celebration




Today's card is a birthday card for a friend that turned into two different variations. I started with the first card, an orange 5x7 base and then the striped mat cut from the DCWV Citrus stack. I then cut all three lamps from the Pagoda cartridge in various sizes or 3 1/4" to 4 1/2", in different colors and patterns (also from the Citrus stack). And that's how this card became tow, I cut more lanterns than what I needed! I twisted some aqua colored raffia tightly and glued it on and then trimmed the lantern posts at the top to make them hang at different lengths from the raffia. I also used the EK dots border punch on the bottom. On the inside, I mounted a solid yellow mat and used the same border punch but, I also added the dots that were cut from the front mat and glued them in the spaces of the dots on the interior mat to bring both together. The sentiments on both cards are from a Fiskars Make a Wish collection of birthday quotes set.

No comments:

Post a Comment