For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wedding Invites
















My post today is one that I have been working on for weeks. I made the 180 invitations for my cousin's September wedding! What a job it was. The cutting wasn't bad but, as you will see, there were soooo many layers to glue and that was just a boring job. :) I've never done something on this big of a scale but, I am glad I did it, it was a learning experience!


The actual invitation is the four fold with the crown on the Sentimentals cartridge. I used Design Studio to hide the contour of the crown shape so that the four fold would be plain. The dimensions of the four fold were 9.509 x 10.175". This size makes the invite a 4x4 when the four flaps are folded in. I then used my guillotine cutter and cut the red square at 4x4 to fit in the center. The pearl paper with the wording was cut at 3 3/4 x 3 3/4". After scoring and folding all of the four sides, I added a monogram.

The monogram is mounted on a fancy frame that I used DS again to alter. The fancy frame is the first frame on the Storybook cartridge. It's more of a rectangle so, I altered it to 2x2" and recreated it as many times as would fit a sheet. The 'S' monogram is cut using the Tie the Knot cartridge, monogram creative feature. The 'S" was tehn glued onto the fancy frame and then embossed using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. After embossing, the pearl gem was added in the center of the scroll on the 'S' monogram and then the entire monogram was attached to the invitation. On the bottom, I used a permenant glue dot and on the top, I used a repositionable glue dot so that the invite could be opened and closed easily.

The invite also included the reception information card, the RSVP card and an accomodations information card. All three were cut using the guillotine cutter and then mounted together, black, red and then the pearly white paper with the information printed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great work! I'm getting married in April and using the same colors as you have here.

    Thanks for becoming a follower on my new blog. I headed over to check yours out and LOVE your work! Very professional.

    ReplyDelete