For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Family Name



Well, today is the first gift I have made using the Cricut and I am very pleased with the way that it turned out! My uncle and his family lost their home in March to a house fire and have just rebuilt and moved into their new home. The day after the fire, my mom found five bible pages outside, where their house was and she picked them up and kept them...for her, symbolizing the five people that were in the home at the time of the fire and all made it out safely. So, I got the pages from her to use in my gift for their new home. The frame was a Black Friday deal at Michaels that I got like 60% off. The only issue was the mat was black but, the frame was a PERFECT match to their decor. So, I cut down a piece of white 22x17 paper and then inked it with the Tim Holz antique ink pad. I used my ATG to glue each page to the paper...carefully because they are very delicate at this point with the burnt edges. Then, I used the font on Nursery Rhimes to cut the letters of their last name at 4 1/2" and adhered them to the bible pages. I was pleased with how it turned out and they were very touched. So happy for them to finally have a real home again!!!

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely awesome! It brought tears to my eyes...I'm so sorry for their loss, but happy they have a home again. What a wonderful gift you are giving...they will love this so make sure you have tissues when you give this to them.... Just awesome!
    Your package will be mailed by Friday...:)
    hugs,jen
    jennyscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great (and meaningful) gift! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift and such a meaningful item for their new home. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing story and a thoughtful gift.

    Glad they are home again.

    TFS,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. An awesome project and gift. It is amazing what God does for us each and every day. I'm so glad everyone got out safely.. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out perfect. I'm do glad no one was harmed. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful, thoughtful, and meaningful gift for them. TFS. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice, thanks so much for sharing with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gift!! Very creative:) Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! Thanks for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angie,
    I wanted to let you know you are one of our Giveaway winners for FCCB
    I just need your address so I can send them to you.
    contact me here-- fantabulouscricut @ yahoo .com (remove spaces)
    Have a fantabulous Christmas!
    Robin :)

    ReplyDelete