For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mother's Day Jewel

Today is a mother's day card for my big sis.   I was inspired by a card that I saw in one of the magazines and then I found the gem broach brads at Joanns.   They are from the House of Three, Pink Paislee and it's all one piece so it was easy to work with. 

The card was cut from Birthday Bash at 6 1/4", using the card/tag function of the porcupine and Core'dinations paper.  The top layer was cut using the pink glittered sheet from the new DCWV Royal Garden solid coordinates 4 1/2 x 6 1/2" stack.  I inked the edges of the pink layer.

Once I got started I got inspiration from the old flapper girls, which my sister and I were both for Halloween when we were growing up.   I used black glitter ribbon from Recollections and then some small solid colored feathers and the broach to give it the look of a flapper's headband. 

I printed the sentiment on the front and then inked the paper and corner punched with a Fiskar's corner punch.   On the inside, I cut the layer again but, at 2 1/2" and then stamped a sentiment on it, punched out slots at each end and then ran a scrap piece of that pink glitter paper through it and trimmed the edges.   I love how it turned out and I hope she does as well.  

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I'm sure your sister will love it. Thanks for creating with us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card--love the colors. Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card...love all the bling! Thanks for joining our challenge at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!
    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at bling and feathers!! Love it!!
    Thanks for playing with us @ FCCB!!
    Best of Luck!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete