For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mussels in a Melon

Today's post is not a paper related one, it's a RARE food related one.   I took a seedless watermelon and cut off a small portion of the one end and then used a melon baller to remove the watermelon fruit inside.  



When I was done, I used a vegatable peeler and peeled back the edge around the 'mouth' and then used the Pampered Chef tool to cut the 'teeth' on this guy.   Once at the party, I filled it up with fruit and then added some eyes, using toothpicks and grapes.   This was such a hit and really was quick to do!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this big old sea urchant!! It's so super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm positive the kids went nuts over this!!! This is so cool! Angie, you are Mom of the year! This party looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete