For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gator in the Grass Published in February 2012 Cricut Magazine

Somehow I never posted this BUT, this is card was published in the February 2012 Cricut magazine under the Cute Critters section.   I cut the Gator at 2 1/2" from the Birthday Bash cartridge, with the layers which are a bit tedious but, super cute when it's done.  The, I decided, before I added the layers, to emboss him with the snakeskin folder from cuttlebug.   As you can see though, he's about 9" long and the folder is only 5".   So, I did half and then flipped it and did the other half and you couldn't even tell where the two met!  I added the layers and some google eyes and wallah!  

So, then I had to decide on a mat paper for my card.   I ended with this embossed sheet from the DCWV Letterpress stack.  It's a cross hatch pattern in green and light blue.   I added the cut grass across the top that I cut using Martha Stewart fringe scissors and then hacked at it so it looked uneven and you could see that it was grass.   I added a piece of Martha Stewart ribbon and there you have it.  It's a winner!!! 


2 comments:

  1. This really is one of my favorite cards you've done! I love the embossed alligator and the grass at the top. Great job Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and congrats on the publication. That is one of my summer goals. I better start researching on how. Any tips?

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    coachfans at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete