For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Dad Day

I LOVE the way that this card turned out!  I started with the very distinguished top hat paper from the Recollections 'Regent Street' stack.   If you don't already know, these papers are made by DCWV but, marketed with the Michael's Craft Store 'Recollections' brand.  
The striped paper is from My Mind's Eye, Lost and Found, Breeze collection.   The 'Ticket' was simple to make.   I used parchment paper about  1 3/4" x 3" and then used a 1/2" circle punch in the center of both ends to cut a half circle out, making it look like a ticket.   The mustache stamp is from an Inkadinkado set, stamped in brown, and the sentiment is from Studio G.   It was all one sentiment so I masked off the word dad and then stamped it in brown and then masked off the words happy and day and then stamped DAD in blue.  I sewed on three brown buttons and a wooden tag that I stamped with a Fiskar's sentiment.

On the inside, I used a strip of the top hat paper and another Studio G sentiment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment