For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Adding to the Nest Invitation

I am starting to add some details about the Party Ensemble that I posted previously.   To start, we have the invite.   I started with a chocolate brown 5x7 sheet that I rounded the corners on and then an off white layer that I rounded the corners on and border punched with a Martha Stewart border punch that features these cute little birds perched on branches. 
The top layer is a gold metallic vellum from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby).   These printed so well with the invite information!  I added a strip of cream and gold ribbon across the top and then added a nest cut from Create A Critter.   It's the Accessory cut of the Chick, cut at 1 1/4" and I cut two of them.   The first one, I glued to the invite and then I added the egg, cut from Straight From the Nest.   The cut was the Nest Shift, using real dial size at 1 1/4" and inking the edges in a tan color.   Then, I added a little real feather and a second nest cut on top of it, that was attached using pop dots.  
I love the way that these turned out because it'd very elegant versus 'baby'. 

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! A sophisticated and lovely baby invite. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this. I love it!
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete