For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sea of Wonder

Oh how I love this octopus from Art Nouveau!!!  I've had my eye on this cut since I got the cartridge and then I read the Jinger Adams design team call HERE and I knew it had to be the the octopus! 

I cut it at 4 1/2".   Each layer was a different glittery or shimmery shade of aqua.  The papers were from the DCWV Royal Garden & Linen Closet as well as an Aqua shimmery vellum from the Paper Studio.   Once I assembled the entire octopus, I used a colored Sharpie to ink the edges, which really took some time.

The base of the card is a pale yellow and then a shimmery aqua and then a coral printed paper from Creative Imaginations South Seas stack.   I round punched the corners of all the layers and then used a Martha Stewart around the page punch on the coral top layer. 

The bubbles above the octopus are bisque colored liquid pearls and the net is black tulle that I folded together on the back of the mat, then taped down.   On the front, I cut the bottom of the tulle in a scallop pattern and spread it out.   The 'weights' on the ends of the net are round foam dots that I colored with a black sharpie and then added black circles the foam.   Once I was done, I used glossy accents to make the weights look shiny.

Last, the sentiment...   The frame was cut from the Songbird cartridge using Frame 2 at 2 1/4" and then the shadow at 2 1/4" and then another regular cut at 2 1/2".   I used a couple layers of foam dimensional dots on the frame and then added the printed sentiment that I inked to give some similar color to the shades of the card.
On the inside, I used the same papers but, corner punched the corners only and didn't do the edges.   The sentiment inside was also printed.  

3 comments:

  1. So fun! Great webbing!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that octopus is pretty cool looking. I love the colors you used for him. Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous… *Ü*
    Wishing you a beautifully blessed weekend,
    **Lots of BIG Hugs**
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete