For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Welcome Baby Turtle


I have to admit that I had the hardest time getting a good picture of this card.   I made it for a DCWV challenge, using a sketch.   This was the first time I have ever used a sketch so, it look me a little while to come up with something 'inside the box' so to speak. 

All of the printed paper is from the DCWV Nana's Nursery, Baby Boy stack.  I started with a 4x6 card and then cut the yellow scallop from Bazzill Double Dot paper, from the Preserves cartridge.   The cut was the kumquat lid at 4 1/4" and I inked the edges in a darker color yellow.   Then I cut the aqua strip from solid card stock and used a large circle punch to invert the ends of each side.   I decided to add another piece that wasn't as wide, using the DCWV paper and then a Fiskars punch for the waves across the top.  I wrapped it with a cream colored yarn and then topped it off with the sea turtle.

The sea turtle and shell were cut from the Splish Splash cartridge.   The turtle was cut at 3" and the shell at 1".   I stamped the sentiment onto the shell, using a Studio G stamp and then pop dotted the turtle onto the card.   I was please with the results for my first ever sketch and I love that it's not a baby looking card.  

1 comment: