For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A crabby July Birthday








Today's card is a change in color from the past week! Whoo hooo! I made this for a July birthday for someone that appreciates astrology. I used the Child's Year cartridge to cut the crab. It's the Icon creative feature on the cartridge and the key is the one that is the little girl sitting with a sand bucket, holding up a starfish. I realized it was there when I was doing my July 4 cards and the crab is more realistic than cutesy. Since this person is a Cancer astrology sign, she is really fond of certain crab themed items. The blue paper is cut from a Colorblok stack that I just recently bought at WM. I really like the distressed look of the paper and I think it made the crab look realistic. I can't remember where the brown mounted sheet is from but the Happy Birthday ribbon was in a set from the Target dollar bins (which I love)

No comments:

Post a Comment