For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pink for Monique!!!




I am a little behind as I have been so busy making some wedding invitations but, I did manage to get a card made for Monique. Monique is a fellow blogger who I have been following for a while, who recently found out she has breast cancer. You can check out her blog at http://monkeydoodlecricut.blogspot.com/. Robyn, My Pink Stamper, started a campaign to flood Monique's mailbox with pink. So, here is what I came up with.

I actually used FOUR cartridges to make this card. I started with a #10 envelope because I picked up a pink ribbon car magnet to send with it as well. I cut a brown card and then matted a printed sheet from DCWV's The Stack 6. The print is trees and birds and then I inked the edges with brown ink to make it flow more.

The bear at 5" using Create A Critter cartridge but, I decided not to use the layer that gives her a dress. I just wanted it to be a plain bear. I love that the cuts on this cartridge can be made plain as well as with the 'extras'. I cut the base in brown, then the next layer in light pink and then the top layer in a darker pink. I glued the two pink layers together and used Tim Holtz's Burlap folder to emboss them. After I embossed them, I glued them to the brown base. I used pop dots to attach the bear.

Then I got out my Give A Hoot cartridge and cut the phrase "Bear Hugs for Trees" at 1 1/2". As you can see, I didn't use the 'for trees' part of it. I also cut the grass at the bottom of the card using the Give A Hoot as well. I cut it at 1 1/2" using the border function of the deer key. It cut with flowers on it but, I didn't want to add more color to the card so, I cut the flowers off.
The pink breast cancer 'ribbon' was cut using the Stand & Salute cartridge. I cut it at 2 1/2" using the same two pink colors & the shadow function of that key.

On the inside, I mounted a pink sheet of paper with an xoxo ribbon that I got from Michael'. The phrase 'For You' was cut using the Wild Card cartridge. It's the phrase creative function on the present card key. I had to cut it at 10" since this cartridge is specifically meant to make the cuts based on the size of the card you are cutting. I mailed this out to her last week so hopefully she has already received it. Keep the faith Monique, all your paper crafting friends are praying for you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment