For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Flowers for BD



A good friend saw the flowers that I made for my mom's birthday a few months ago and loved them so, I decided to make her a bouquet for her birthday, which happened to be the week before we moved but I was determined.  So, you probably guessed that my craft stuff was being packed on moving day...lol.

I bought a $1 container from Target and then used a piece of recycled Styrofoam for the inside and then topped it with some green paper shreds.

The flowers were all cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge in various sizes using some solid paper and paper from the K & Co., Amy Butler Designs, stack.  I also used various brads for the centers of the flowers and dimensional foam between the layers. 

Each flower is attached to a skewer that was inked in green.  I also ink the edges of the flowers and use a pencil to curl the petals either in or out.  These are a great alternative to real flowers and people really love them!

1 comment:

  1. What a great job!!!! Love the prints and the colors-fab combination!!!!

    ReplyDelete