For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Love of a Family


Today's card I started out making as a birthday card for my grandma but, now I think I might make it her Mother's Day card.   I was inspired by the main paper, from the My Mind's Eye Stella Rose set. 

So, my first cut was the center cut which was the Joy cut on the Lacy Labels cartridge, cut at 3".   I did the base in a salmon color and the decorative top layer in brown and then I added the stamped sentiment from Fiskars 'Family' set. 

My next cut was the frame cut from the house card on the Just Because Cards cartridge.   I cut it at 5" using paper from Colorbok.   I pink inked the edges of it and then stamped the left and right side with a scroll stamp from an Inkadinkadoo set, in brown.  I added a strip of salmon paper before I glued the frame onto the card.

The light colored paper on top of the blue frame is from DCWV Linen Closet and inked in blue.   Then I pop dotted the round frame onto the top.

Inside is the left over My Mind's Eye paper, cut into three strips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment