For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Glow in the Dark Ghosts


Today's card was an experiment for me. On my last trip to Joann's I found some glow in the dark dimensional writing glue. How cool, right? So, I bought it and then a friend asked me if I could make a few Halloween cards for her. I started with a solid 5x7 lime green base and then mounted solid black and then the plaid sheet from a Martha Stewart Halloween stack. I added some Recollections brand mat finished black brads that have a bit of a sparkle, to each corner and then a strip of thick black ribbon with another strip of the lime green ribbon on top.

The ghosts were cut at 4" and 2 1/2" from the Happy Hauntings cartridge and then I added the glow in the dark 'glue'. On the smaller ghost, I used my finger to smooth out the 'glue' but, on the larger one I didn't so, the larger one has some texture to it. It was a success though and as you can see from the bottom picture (although not a very good one) it worked! My son LOVES it! Oh, and the Boo word art at the bottom was cut using Happy Hauntings as well. I cut it first at 2" but, it turned out rather large so, this one I cut at 1". Warning: it didn't cut the best, the black line between the two 'o's' was drawn in by hand because it was too thin when cut at 1"


No comments:

Post a Comment