For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Graveyard Delight




Halloween is almost here, can you believe it? Today's card started with the skull borders and became a grave themed Halloween card that I think my niece will love. I cut two skull borders from the October 31 cartridge, both at 5". Then I took some G Studio purple glitter glue and added it to all of the vines of the border (once I started, I just couldn't stop) and the gunmetal Stickles to the skulls so that they would stand apart from the vines. Yes, it was a little time consuming but, I was really pleased with the end result. The mat paper is from the DCWV Hauntings stack. The gravestone is the first in the October 31 cartridge as well, cut at 4" and then inked with black. It took a while to decide what else to do and then I remembered the Halloween buttons I had bought in a Making Memories (I think) set and I decided to use it. When I laid it on the tombstone, I thought 'oh, black gem eyes would look great' so, before I glued the button on, I made dots with a pencil where I wanted the eyes to be, removed the button, added the gems and then glued the button on. The 'beware' sentiment is from a set of chipboards that I got in the $1 bin at Target. Halloween will be here soon......

3 comments:

  1. What a spooky card!! Your borders are gorgeous:) Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love the skull borders with the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete