For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lego Birthday Card


Today I have my lego birthday card that I made for my son's birthday.   The paper is the same paper used on the invitation, from Creative Imaginations.   I used a large green piece as the 'plate' and then cut smaller pieces for the boarder and layered them using pop dots so they were raised as if lego's were being stacked.
The lego man head was a another story!  I used a layer from the Robotz cartridge that was half of the shape of the legoman head.  The cut was the Robot39 font cut, using Design Studio at 3".   I stretched it a little for more of a square shape and then copy and pasted the same shape onto itself but, rotated the top shape, turning it upside down. I welded the two shapes together and this is what I got.   I did have to trim the top and bottom down so that the lego 'knobs' weren't too long.
Then, onto the face.  I cut the mount and eyebrows using the Twinkle Toes cartridge, Dancer5 layer shift at 6" for the mouth and 3" for the eye brows.   The eyes were hole punched.   I printed the sentiment and framed it. 

the inside was framed with each color lego paper and then a few random, falling blocks.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment