For the LOVE of PAPER!!!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lego Birthday Invite

My son just turned 7 and the theme for his party was Lego's.   He's completely addicted and actually got about 15 different sets that he worked on for a day and a half until he got them all completed.   Now he wants more!  Oh gosh!
So, to kick things off, this was the invite.   As you can probably guess, this is not the correct information.   I changed it for the purpose of this posting.  
I used Cricut Design Studio and the George and Basic Shapes cartridge to create the lego block.   I chose the rectangle and the cylinders on the George cartridge and widened the rectangle a little to make 4 cylinders fit.   I welded them together and then cut.   The block itself is a little smaller than 4x6.
The paper was the Lego paper from Creative Imaginations.   It says 'lego' on every little knob and they are raised.   Now, here's a little tip.   When cutting this paper, because all of those knobs are raised and are not stuck to the mat, you will get tearing if you don't use a good mat and a new blade!
I cut a solid blue piece as well and glued them together so that the back of the invite wasn't just the white of the lego paper, and then I inked the edges.
Stay tuned for the rest of my lego creations for this party!

No comments:

Post a Comment